Yahoo is one of the leading and reliable email service providers worldwide but still, its users face the issue of Yahoo Mail Not Working. Due to a technical error, Yahoo does not allow them to send emails or messages to recipients, and this can be a frustrating experience for them. There can be several possible factors for Yahoo Mail Not Working.
Main Reasons behind the Yahoo Mail Not Working issue
In the below-mentioned points, we will discuss the main reasons behind the Yahoo Mail Not Working issue.
- There might be a possibility that Yahoo’s website is under construction
- You might have entered the wrong Yahoo login credentials.
- The server might be down
- The attachments sent by the users might be large
- Your password required to be reset
- You are using an older version of the browser
- Unwanted files stored in the browser history
- Any type of malware or virus threats
- Presence of third-party extensions and add-in Yahoo Mail
- Firstly, users are not able to send or receive emails
- There might be any type of sign-in issues
- Some emails might be missing
- Lethargic or inefficient performance of the system
Effective Troubleshooting Methods for Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue
In the below-mentioned points, we are discussing the effective Troubleshooting Methods for Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue.
Method 1- Using the Latest version of the Supported browser
You are recommended to update your operating system and browser and then try to access your Yahoo email account. If you still face the Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue then you should move ahead with the next method.
Method 2- Clearing your Browser’s Cache and History
If you are using any web browser on your system, the information on the visited websites is automatically saved in its cache and cookies. Therefore, the proper clearing of the saved cookies and removing the unwanted stored files from your browser will resolve Yahoo Mail Not Working issue. Accordingly, you should clear your browser’s cache and history and then use Yahoo Mail. If the problem persists then you are advised to move ahead with the next method.
Method 3- Removing Browser Extensions and Add-Ons
Sometimes, it has been observed that third-party browser enhancements can cause Yahoo Mail Not Working error problems. So, you are supposed to disable or remove extensions for your browser. In addition, you can check your browser’s support website for information regarding removing or disabling extensions.
Method 4- Login Yahoo Mail with an Accurate User ID and Password
If you have entered the wrong user id or password, then you can also encounter Yahoo Mail Not Working problem. Therefore, whenever you sign in to your Yahoo account, you should ensure that you type the accurate username or email address as well as the password. Once it is confirmed that the login credentials are accurately typed by you, then your Yahoo mail will start working perfectly without any interruption. If it doesn’t then you are advised to move ahead with the next method.
Method 5- Trying to reset or change Yahoo Password
Your Yahoo password gives you direct access to Yahoo services. Therefore, if you have forgotten your Yahoo password or have any doubts regarding your account, then you should immediately change your password to make the account safe or reset your forgotten password. It is also advisable to update your password frequently.
Effective Steps to Reset Your Forgotten Yahoo Password
Yahoo users can frequently get back to their Yahoo account by simply entering one of the account recovery items listed on the “Sign-in Helper” page. For recovering the Yahoo Mail account swiftly and smoothly, the users are advised to provide their phone number or email address and then follow up on the on-screen guided lines.
Changing Your Yahoo Password
- Firstly, you are supposed to open the Yahoo mail login page on your browser
- Now, you should enter your username, email, or mobile and then tap Next.
- Next, you should go to the account security page and then click the Change Password tab.
- Finally, you should click the Continue button and then follow up the on-screen prompted directions.
Yahoo users are highly advised to create a strong password for their Yahoo Mail. By creating a strong password, you will be making your information safer. If this method fails to resolve Yahoo Mail Not Working Issue then you should try the next method.
Method 6- Sign-In or Out of Yahoo
Yahoo users can easily access multiple Yahoo services like Yahoo Mail, Yahoo Sports, and more by signing in and out of their accounts from a desktop or mobile device. If they have created an account with a non-Yahoo email or one that ends with email or rocket mail, then they are advised to enter the full email address to sign in. It should resolve their problem and if it doesn’t then they should follow the next method.
Method 7- Checking for the Correct Server Address
The incorrect server address in your mail settings can lead to Yahoo Mail Not Working problems.
Therefore, you are advised to enter the following: –
- POP3 incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.com (port 995 and SSL is required).
- IMAP incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com (port 993 and SSL are required).
- SMTP outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com (port 465or 587 SSL is required).
- NEWS server: news.yahoo.com.
Method 8- Establishing a Fresh Internet Connection
The swift speed of internet connection on computer systems can provide us with smooth and error-free access to Yahoo mail accounts. If the internet connection speed is slow or having any connectivity issues then you can face Yahoo Mail Not Working problems. If you want to get rid of it then you are highly advisable to establish a fresh internet connection on your PC.
We have provided you with all important details related to Yahoo Mail Not Working Problems. If you still require any extra support or assistance then you can contact our technical support team for the best solutions.