Webroot is primarily a cloud-based antivirus software that provides full protection from any malware and viruses on a computer. During Web surfing sessions, this app blocks malicious websites and also protects the user from identity fraud by protecting their sensitive information like passwords, usernames, account numbers and more. This app scans the computer in just a few seconds for malware and viruses, and uses very small space for storage.
Before logging into Webroot, one first needs to create an account so that all the apps and Services that webroot offers can be used by the users.
For creating the account-
- Open any internet browser
- Access the official website of webroot sign-in.
- Find and click on the option of My Account that will be present at the top of the homepage of the Webroot.
- A new window for login appears, click on Create Account.
- Firstly, type in the webroot product key code which you must have received during the purchase of the webroot product and then fill in the email address that you want to associate with your Webroot Account. Then, confirm the email address as asked.
- Now, type in your password and also confirm this password by re-entering it in the required field.
- Enter your personal safety password which should at least be 6 characters long. The easy-to-remember file can be used so that every time the user logs in to their webroot Account, they just need to enter any two characters of that code.
- As a safety, (in case you forget your passwords or login information) you can choose to answer for few Security questions i.e “safety issues”.
- Carefully read the license agreement when you continue with the development of the webroot Account which you’ll find at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on LOGIN NOW.
- The mail address that you mentioned while creating the account will receive a confirmation message from webroot.
- Now, open the email application and click on the email message confirmation button.
- Here, the authentication tab for confirm will open and then you need to type any two Security character that you mentioned during the account creation.
- For ending, make a click on the button of Confirm Registration Now.
Webroot.com/safe provides their customer a central portal from which the webroot antivirus users can view and manage their protected devices. For opening this website, first, open any browser and then go to my.webrootanywhere.com and type in your Webroot account credentials. After you get logged in, the SecureAnywhere website will show the account details and the security status of all devices.
- Open www.webroot.com/safe or webroot.com/safe on your browser.
- Using your credentials, sign in to the webroot account.
- Fill in your 20 digits webroot key code.
- Choose Next for registering your webroot product.
- Before proceeding further, accept the agree and Install button.
- Your webroot antivirus will get activated.
Procedures for generation of webroot account
- On the browser, the website of the Webroot online management account has to be opened (i.e. webroot.com/safe). You will notice the panel of login and Create an Account.
- Click on Create Account in the panel of the SecureAnywhere website.
- This will open the Create Account registration page:
Get the registration information Completed: Password, Email Address, Your Personal Security Code, Webroot Product Keycode etc.
- Choose Register Now.
- After the account is created and registered, you will receive a confirmation message on your email address which you entered during the registration.
- Click on the link given in the confirmation email message for opening the page of Confirm Registration.
SecureAnywhere wants any two selected characters from the security code that you had selected while you were creating the account. Fill in the requested characters and then make a click on Confirm Registration Now.
Procedure for editing webroot account settings.
- On the browser, open my.webrootanywhere.com. You can see Logging into your account for more information.
- Click on your email address located in the upper right corner of the management console and then, from the drop-down menu, choose Account Settings.
- The account settings page will be displayed by SecureAnywhere.
- Click on the button of Edit details or click on any of the change buttons for editing the information.
Procedure for changing Webroot account password
- First and foremost, Go to your account settings that has been described above.
- Click on the button of Change which must be located next to the field of the password.
- Type in the correct password in the field of the current password.
- Fill in the new password in the field of New password.
- Type in the same characters as you entered in the New password field, in the field of Repeat New password.
- Once you are done, make a click on the button of Change password.