HP wireless printer setup is very difficult process .Connecting your Hp printer through a Wireless network frees you from the constraint of wired printing. Your printer can be connected to your laptop or computer from anywhere until you are in the range of your wireless network and get your printing job done.
There are four ways through which you can set up your Hp Wireless printer;
- Hp Auto Wireless Connect.
- WPS or WIFI Protected Setup.
- Hp Wireless Printer Setup Wizard ( connect hp printer to wifi ).
- USB method for Wireless connection. ( For printer models without display )
Whichever method you opt for will depend on your preference as well as on your printer’s model.
HP auto Wireless connect
Only the latest models of hp Printers have this feature. So to connect your printer through this method, not only should your printer be of the newest model but your computer should also meet specific criteria.
- Your computer must have Windows 7/8/10 version installed on it.
- Your computer should connect wirelessly to your network and is able to control the Wireless adapter. This is to ensure that hp software can access network settings.
- Your computer should use a dynamic IP address and not the static IP address.
- If your computer and your Hp printer both meet the criteria then proceed;
- First, you have to install the Hp printer software.
- You can use the installation disk that comes with the printer, or you can download the software online and then install it.
- Power on your Hp printer. You have a two hours window in which your printer will be in auto-connect mode.
- So you have to complete the task within the specified time.
- Run the software and follow the on-screen instruction.
- When you are asked to choose the connection type, select ‘wireless.’
- Select YES when the setup asks to send network settings to the printer.
- Wait for some time as the Wireless connection is being established between your printer and computer.
- Close the software and start printing.
WIFI Protected Setup (WPS)
There are two modes that enable you to connect your printer through the WPS method. You can opt for WPS Push button mode or WPS Pin.
Push-button mode is the easier of the two and the recommended one.
- First, ensure that your router has the physical WPS Push-button.
- Your printer has the WPS Push button mode feature.
- Start the push button mode on your printer.
- There will be a button on your printer, or you can refer to the instruction manual of your printer.
- Power on WPS by pressing the WPS button on your router, you may have to keep pressing it for a few seconds to enable the WPS feature.
- Your printer will connect to your router’s network.
Hp Wireless Printer setup wizard
You can connect your Hp wireless printer through this method only if you have the printer with display as you have to access the control panel of the printer.
- First, ensure that you have the network name and the security password.
- Go to network menu through your control panel or you can press the Wireless icon if you have it on the control panel.
- From there, go to the settings and select the Wireless setup wizard.
- The Wireless setup wizard screen will show the name of all the available network.
- Select the name of your network.
- In case your network’s name is not mentioned, you have to enter the name manually.
- You have to enter the exact name of your network.
- When you have selected the network, you will be prompted to enter the WEP key or password.
- After entering the key, press ok, and your printer will connect to your network.
USB wireless connection
This method is for those who do not have a display on their Hp printer.
They can connect it via USB Wireless setup method. You only need a USB cable and that only for two to three minutes.
- Power on your printer.
- Insert the USB cable in the USB port of the printer and the computer.
- You also have to install your printer’s software.
- Install is through the installation disk or download it from the official Hp website.
- After the installation, run the software and follow the on-screen instruction.
- When your printer is connected to your network, remove the USB cable.
These are four methods to connect your Hp Wireless Printer. Choose the one which suits you and your printer supports it.