WPS pin HP printer. WPS stands for WIFI Protected Setup and is used to connect your HP wireless printer through WPS a wireless network.
If you are trying to connect your printer wirelessly, then you may be prompted for WPS pin.
Now finding the WPS for Hp printer is a tedious job, you have to perform specific steps which will let your printer to either display the pin or print it on the configuration page.
Here we have mentioned two methods that will help you get your Hp printer’s WPS pin.
When you have the pin, you can connect the printer to your computer via your router.
- Check your router or access point is switched on.
- Power on your Hp printer.
- Now enable the WIFI option by pressing the WIFI button. You may have to push the button for about three seconds to enable the WIFI feature.
- On the printer’s control panel, select Settings and then go to the wireless settings option.
- Here select the WIFI protected Setup or WPS in short option.
- Press on the pin setup.
- Now you have to choose your network.
- Your printer will establish a connection with your computer via the network. It may take some time.
- Now print the configuration page, and the WPS PIN will be mentioned there.
An alternative method to find out WPS Pin for Hp printer
You can download the WPS pin for your Hp printer online.
You must have the serial number of your Hp printer for this method to work.
- To find the serial number look on your printer, most probably you will find it on the backside of the printer.
- You can also use Hp printer software to find the serial number
- Open the hp device toolbox on your computer and click on the name of your printer.
- Press the Home tab and then choose device configuration.
- In the Device configuration window, the serial number of your printer will be mentioned.
- Connect the printer to the computer.
- Once you have the serial number, open https://www.support-hp-care.com/get-WPS-pin.html on your web browser.
- Enter the serial number in the search box of the page.
- Press the download button.
- It will get the pin from your printer and display it to you.
- Once you have the WPS pin for Hp printer, you can connect it to your computer through WPS Pin.
- From the control panel of your printer, go to settings then to WPS Setup.
- When prompted for the pin, press on it.
- WPS Pin will be displayed on the screen.
- Go to your wireless router login page or the open the wireless access point software.
- Here enter the WPS pin that you have obtained and press OK.
- Now you have to install the drivers for your network printer.
- Click on the start button on your computer then go to all programs.
- From here choose the printer setup and software option.
- Now click on the, ‘connect a new printer,’ and that’s all.
Connect Printer through WPS button without the WPS pin for hp printer
You can connect your hp printer through the WPS button.
For this method, ensure that your router or the access point has the feature of WPS (WIFI Protected Setup) or the WPS button.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your router for about three seconds.
- Most of the latest models of printers feature the physical WPS button too but in case if you don’t have one, from the control panel of your printer press the settings button.
- Now go to wireless settings and choose the WIFI Protected Setup option.
- Your printer will search for the available networks and display them on the screen.
- Choose your network and click on it.
- Now, wait for some time as the printer will connect to your network.
- When the connection is established, you are ready to print your documents.
That will be all for this post. If you are not interested in going through all the tedious process mentioned in this post, there is always an Hp customer executive just a phone call away who will be more than happy to help you.Call the Hp customer services and get the required assistance from the hp engineer.