Without the Hp printer drivers download, there won’t be any communication between the printer and your computer.
It acts as an intermediary between the printer’s hardware and the printing management of the computer to give them excellent communication.
Thus, before connecting a new Hp printer, it is necessary to install the corresponding drivers.
If you are looking for a guide with proper steps to download hp printer drivers, then look no further. We have compiled this guide with all the steps required to download and install the Hp printer drivers.
Hp printer drivers download for windows
To download the drivers from the official website of hp you will need the printer’s name and model number. This will help the hp website recognize your printer and display the list of drivers specific to your printer model.
The information about the printer’s name and model is printed on the backside of the printer.
- Now open the official website of Hp in your web browser.
- Go to support and drivers page and from there, navigate to the Drivers and software page.
- Now from the product category list choose printer.
- At this time you will have to provide information about your printer.
- Enter your product name in the, identify your printer search box and click on the submit button.
- Now you have to select your operating system.
- Hp website will search and list the available latest drivers for your printer.
- Just click on the download button and your Hp printer driver download process will begin.
How to Install the Hp printer drivers
- When the driver file is downloaded, you have to install it on your computer.
- Locate the driver file you have downloaded. It will be an exe file.
- Run the installation file and click on the install button.
- When the installation is complete, restart the computer.
Update your hp printer drivers
Keep your Hp printer drivers to the latest released version. To update the drivers from the device manager follow the steps:
- Go to start menu, find and open the run dialog box. There is also a short cut to do this. The run dialog box will instantly open if you press the Windows key and R key on the keyboard at the same time.
- In the search field of the Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and then hit enter.
- This will open the device manager window.
- Find your printer’s name from the list of available devices and right-click it.
- In the drop-down menu, you will find the option, update the drivers, click on it.
- When prompted for how do you want to search the drivers, select Search automatically for updated driver software option.
- Now, wait, windows will complete the Hp printer drivers update process.
That’s it! printer drivers are now correctly installed and updated to the latest version.
If you have faced any setbacks, we recommend that you go through all the steps one more time and see where the problem happened and rectify it.
If you still couldn’t figure out, why you are unable to complete the installation or you can’t follow the steps provided here, then you should contact the Hp customer support 1-877-364-5922 for more help.