Printers often show offline error. If you are getting Epson printer offline Mac & windows, then you are at the right place.
Read the full post and no matter which platform you use, be it Windows or Mac you will get all the help that you need to resolve this ever annoying error.
Check your Epson printer for any malfunction
Epson printer Offline error may be due to the printer malfunctioning. You can check if there is an issue with the printer by printing the nozzle check pattern. If the printer can print, then you can rule out the problem to be with the printer.
- Ensure that there a paper sheets in the tray.
- Now navigate to the setup using the arrow keys on the printer control panel and press ok.
- Go to maintenance menu and then press ok.
- In the menu, choose the nozzle check option.
- Your printer will print the nozzle check pattern.
- If the printer is able to print the nozzle check pattern, it means your printer is working correctly.
Cancel any pending print job
- In Windows 10 press the start button.
- Enter ‘control panel’ in the search box.
- When the control panel window opens, select hardware and sounds and then go to Devices and printers.
- You will see the icon of your printer with the printer name written below it.
- Right-click on your Epson printer icon and go to what’s printing option.
- If you see any paused print job, then right-click on it and click cancel.
- This will cancel the pending print job.
Epson printer’s Use Printer Offline feature can cause the offline error – so disable it.
- Press the Windows key and R key at once.
- A search box will open, in the box type control and press the Ok button.
- Control panel window will open, choose the Device and Printer option.
- Your printer’s icon will be present there, right-click on it and then choose what’s printing.
- Press the Printer tab.
- A drop-down menu will open up. See if there is a tick mark at the use printer offline options.
- If there is a tick mark, uncheck it.
- Once again press on the printer tab and choose set as default printer.
- Close the window and check your printer’s status.
Remove your Epson printer and reinstall it.
Removing and reinstalling the printer might do the trick and bring it back online.
- Press the windows key and R key from the keyboard simultaneously.
- A search dialogue box will appear, enter devmgmt.msc and press ok.
- A window showing all the devices attached to your computer will open.
- Find your printer’s name and right-click on it.
- From the menu, click on uninstall.
- Close the window and once again press the Windows key and the R key at the same time.
- In the search dialog box that appears, type control and press enter.
- Control panel window will open, choose Device and Printer.
- Right on the window and press add printer.
- Now choose the option ‘Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printers.’
- Choose add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname.
- In the next window, enter the IP address and port name of your printer and click next.
- This will reinstall your Epson printer on your windows computer.
Epson printer offline Mac troubleshooting
Mac has slightly different settings then windows, so the troubleshooting steps also differs a bit from windows; nonetheless, they are easy to follow and will undoubtedly resolve the Epson printer offline Issue on your Mac.
Printer resetting in system preferences
- Click on the apple icon from the top menu bar and then go to system preferences.
- A small window will open; from there choose Printers and Scanners.
- Another window will open, and on the left side of the window, you will see the icon of your Epson printer with its name.
- press it and then from the menu that appears choose reset the printing system.
Remove your printer once from your Mac system and then add it again.
- Click the apple icon.
- Select system preferences.
- Now choose Printers and Scanners.
- You will see your printer’s name and icon.
- Now press the minus (-) sign. This will remove your Epson printer from your Mac computer.
- Now press the Plus (+) sign and from the drop-down menu select your printer.
- This will again add your printer to the printer queue of your Mac computer.
- Print something to see if the problem is solved.
Update your printer’s software on Mac
Faulty or corrupted software can also prevent communication between your printer and the computer. This will result in the Epson printer offline error on Mac. Updating to the latest soft may help rectify the issue.
- Click on the Apple icon and then choose system preferences option.
- Select the software update option.
- If there is a software update for your printer, it will be listed.
- Install the update.
These troubleshooting steps must have resolved the issue. You can comment on any specific problem you are facing with your printer in the comment section; we will get back to you with the possible solutions.