123.hp.com/6968 printer is a versatile device with robust functioning and high performance. But sometimes when you acquire a new printer, in addition to configuring the printer which can potentially pose certain difficulties, installing the printers can seriously give you a hard time.
But if you follow this 123.hp.com/setup 6968 guide your new printer setup will likely be smooth and error-free.
Things you should know before installing 123 hp inkjet 6968 printer(123.hp.com/setup 6968)
There is a specific order of steps to follow to install a printer. The installation process can generally be broken down as follows:
- Connect the printer to the computer
- Install Printer software
- Have the printer recognized by the operating system
- The ink cartridges should also be installed.
- Connect and install the Wifi printer, if necessary to the wireless internet network
- Connect the printer to the computer or pc
- once the printer has been unpacked, placed in the desired location and assembled.
- First of all, you need to check that you have the connection cable. Very often it comes with the printer, otherwise, you have to buy it by yourself.
Install the ink cartridges before connecting the hp 6968 printer to the computer
- First access the printer by opening the cover.
- Take the cartridges, and remove the protective tab.
- Consult the manual. In general, the procedure to follow is illustrated on a leaflet in each refill that you buy.
- Carefully insert them into the cartridge box as instructed in the instruction manual.
This is the primary setup of the printer. The next step is to connect the printer to the computer or laptop.
123.hp.com/6968 setup for printer’s connection
There are mainly two connection systems: Wired connection via USB and wireless connection.
Which connection method you choose depends upon your choice and your need.
Depending on the type of connection, the installation steps, which are roughly the same, vary slightly.
Connecting a 123 hp 6968 printer using the USB cable:
- When ready, connect the printer to power through the power cord.
- Install the software contained on the CD supplied with the printer or download it first from the hp website.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer, then to the computer.
- Turn on the printer using the power button. An LED light should come on.
- Wait for a few minutes, while the connection process completes.
- Once the connection is established, install the printer in Windows
Connect the printer using a wireless network
You can either choose the WIFI direct option or the WPS method.
For the WPS method, press and hold the WPS button on the router to enable it.
Now on the printer press WIFI button. An led light may blink indicating that WIFI is powered on.
Your printer will search the network.
When it finds your network, it will connect to it.
You may be prompted to enter the network key.
Once the connection is established, your printer is ready to print over a wireless network.
Add the 123 hp 6968 Printer to the windows
Once the printer is connected to the PC(123.hp.com/setup 6968), the next step essentially concerns software recognition of the device.
- As soon as we connect the printer to the computer, Windows should recognize the new hardware by itself.
- Regarding the window’s operating system, for example, you will see a window appear on your screen.
- There, you should select the option not now. Before clicking on “Next”, you will need to insert the CD supplied with the printer in order to continue.
- Now you don’t have to do anything. The rest will be done by the operating system.
- You may be asked to choose where to download the drivers. Then, you will have to continue the process by clicking on “OK”.
- The procedure is automatic, you must click OK or continue then wait.
- Finally, a small window at the bottom right will tell you that the new device has been recognized and ready to be used.
What to do if the computer does not recognize my printer(123.hp.com/setup 6968)?
This can happen with older operating system versions and sometimes even with the newer versions too.
- Sometimes, the computer may not recognize the new printer automatically.
- In this case, you must, therefore, install the printer manually.
- First, insert the CD that came with the printer, then go to Control Panel. You can access the control panel via the START button.
- In the control panel click on “Printers and devices” then on “Add a printer.
- If, you are using the professional version of XP, the older version of windows, on the click on “Printers and Faxes”.
- If the printer is not on the network, i.e. it is only used by the computer to which it is connected, the checkboxes will be different.
- Now click on the “Next” button. The system will automatically search for the printer and, once it has found it, all you have to do is follow the instructions and wait for the installation to finish.
- But If you are using a network printer, you must choose the option “network printer or a printer connected to another computer”. Then find the printer you are trying to add and click on add Printer.