Dell printers are highly efficient and cost-effective printers that can produce and deliver superior quality printing, scanning, and copying services. In the daily routine of work, you might be stuck with the troubleshooting fixes and are not able to resolve the problem. Reset Dell Printer can work magic as an alternative option as it can help you in resolving any type of issue.
We will now discuss the steps to Reset Dell Printer.
Effective Steps to Reset Dell Printer to Factory Reset Settings
Factory reset becomes mandatory when you want to deal with issues or problems that you are not able to fix by any other means. After executing the factory reset, your Dell printer may forget all its settings and functionalities that are running presently. It will now work like a brand-new printer with the initial functionalities.
For the factory reset, you are supposed to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, you are supposed to switch ON your Dell printer
- Now, you should click the Up and Down arrow keys and navigate to the reset menu option.
- Next, you should click the OK button
- Once again, you should use the arrow keys to navigate to the Factory Reset option.
- Now, you should click the OK button
- Finally, you should click the Yes button
It sums up the complete factory reset of your Dell printer device. You should always remember to perform the factory reset as the last step of the troubleshooting issue when all the other fixes fail to resolve the issue.
Steps to Reset Dell Printer Ink Cartridges
You are advised to reset the Ink cartridge if you are facing issues after the installation of ink cartridges. You are supposed to restore the setting to their default values.
For resetting Dell Printer Ink cartridges, please follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, you are supposed to turn OFF your Dell printer and then wait for five seconds after inserting the ink cartridges.
- Now, if your Dell printer screen displays low ink levels then you turn ON the printer back again
- Thereafter, you should try to print some documents and then wait for the screen to show a minimum ink level message on the screen.
- Next, you are supposed to uncheck the checkbox corresponding to the complete-a-print option.
- You should also check the checkbox for Don’t display the dialog box.
- Finally, it completes the reset process.
Steps to perform Network Reset Dell Printer
If a Dell printer user is facing any type of network issue or connectivity issues with their printer, then they can use the Network reset for fixing it. Thus, it will help to reset the network setting of their Dell printer to its default settings. It implies that you are connecting your Dell printer wirelessly over a network and performing a certain type of setting.
In this case, you are supposed to perform the Network Reset Dell Printer to restore the network settings of your Dell printer to default functionalities. Do follow these below-mentioned steps now: –
- First of all, you should unplug all the interface connections.
- Now, you should wait for your Dell Printer to restart.
- Next, you should use the arrow keys to move to the Reset Menu option.
- You are now supposed to click the OK button
- Once again, you should use the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate to the Network option.
- Lastly, you should click the OK button following up with the Yes button.
It sums up the network Reset Dell Printer. Dell printer users can check for the initial network settings of their printer and can again apply the changes as per their requirements for the connection process.
Effective Steps to Reset Dell Printer for Networked Printers
If you are using the Dell networked printer, then you are supposed to follow the below-mentioned steps to reset your Dell printer successfully.
- First of all, you should go to the web browser and then type the IP address of your Dell printer.
- Now, the user may get the IP information on the configuration page.
- Next, you can print the configuration page and check your Dell Printer’s IP.
- Thereafter, you should log in to the console providing the desired information.
- Now, you should locate the Reset Printer server option and can check it in the Selection tab of Printer Settings
- Next, you should wait for the Reset Dell printer
- Thereafter, you should turn OFF your Dell printer and unplug it from the main power source
- You should wait patiently for five minutes
- Now, you should plug your Dell printer back into the main supply
- You should also switch ON your Dell printer and then check for the successful results
It will comprehensively perform the reset operation with the default settings and functionalities of your Dell Printer.
Steps to Reset Dell Printer with Menu Panel
To Reset Dell Printer with Menu Panel, you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, you should open the control panel and go to the Printer menu.
- Now, you should check for the General Settings in the menu list.
- Next, you should choose the name of your Dell printer that you want to reset
- Now, you should click the OK button
- Thereafter, you should choose the option Restore Factory settings also be written as Reset NVRAM
- You should now hit the enter key
- Next, you should turn OFF your Dell printer and then unplug it from the main power source.
- Now, you should wait for a few seconds and then plug the main power source back again.
- Finally, you should switch ON your Dell printer and check for the results
It sums up the successful Reset Dell Printer with the default functionalities.
Steps to Reset Dell Printer Without Menu Panel
If your Dell printer does not have any Menu Panel then you are supposed to perform the below-mentioned steps to Reset Dell Printer.
- First of all, you are supposed to switch OFF your Dell printer
- Next, you should open the front cover of your Dell printer. You can also use the button, placed at the side to open it.
- Thereafter, you should press and hold the cancel and continue buttons simultaneously, placed on the printer’s top side.
- Now, you should release the buttons as soon as you configure the LED light next to ‘error’ changes to a solid color.
- Finally, you are supposed to switch ON your Dell printer and then check for the solutions.
The above-mentioned steps sum up the Reset Dell Printer with the default functionalities. The users are likely to find the solution to their problem and work with their Dell printer proficiently.
We have provided you with all the significant and relevant information pertaining to Reset Dell Printer. You can contact our professionally trained technical support team if you encounter any type of problem that is related to this issue.