Epson printers are popular for their good work performance and high-quality printing. Despite delivering consistent and reliable printing jobs, customers usually encounter error messages like Epson Printer in Error State that flashes on their computer screen. It’s possible to fix this error and bring back the Epson printer out of the error state.
We will now discuss the probable reasons and techniques for troubleshooting this issue.
Main reasons for Epson Printer in Error State Issue
In the below-listed points, we will discuss the main reasons behind the Epson Printer in Error State Issue.
- Weak or Poor Internet Connectivity. It occurs when the Epson printer is not in the signal range of the Wi-Fi network or when any solid object blocks the signals of the internet from coming to your printer.
- Improper installation of Epson printer driver or software
- Inadequate power supply
- Using Corrupt or Outdated Epson printer driver
- Any type of Hardware issues
- Epson printer is improperly linked to the system
- Jammed Papers
- Usage of Incorrect Ink Cartridges
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Epson Printer in Error State Issue
After learning and understanding the reasons behind the Epson Printer in Error State, it’s time to discuss troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Method 1- To Run the Windows Troubleshooter
The tool “Windows Troubleshooter” helps users in getting rid of this error.
You should follow the below-mentioned instructions and then use them effectively.
- Firstly, users should navigate to Devices and Printers.
- Now, they will observe a window that has a list of devices linked to their system.
- Next, they should locate their Epson printer and then right-click on it.
- Subsequently, tap Troubleshoot on the dropdown that appears
- Thereafter, you should allow the tool to identify and eliminate the problem.
- In case, your problem fails to resolve then you should navigate to Settings and launch the Devices section.
- Now, you should tap Printers & Scanners
- Next, you should find your Epson printer device on the list. If you don’t find it then you should click on Add a printer or scanner.
- Finally, Windows will be detecting your Epson printer device and give you appropriate instructions to install it. Do follow these instructions carefully.
Method 2- Resolving hardware issues
For resolving hardware issuers, Epson printer users should follow the below-listed steps carefully: –
- To begin with, users should check whether their Epson device’s power cord is properly linked to the source or not.
- Next, you should check whether the USB cable is properly attached to the printing device or not.
- If you notice any type of cable connection issue then you should connect a different USB cable to your Epson printer.
- If you have an Epson Wi-Fi printer then you check whether you have correctly connected your Epson printer to the wireless network or not.
- After performing all these quality checks, you should try to print a test page.
Method 3- Utilizing original ink cartridges
The usage of incorrect ink cartridges can be a major cause of the Epson Printer in Error State issue. Therefore, users are highly advised to use original cartridges from Epson. You should check into the Epson printer manual to find suitable cartridges for your printer model.
Method 4- Checking your Epson printer connectivity
You should check the proper connectivity between your Epson printing device and the system. The poor connectivity can lead to the Epson Printer in Error State issue.
If you are having poor connectivity then you should follow the below-listed steps.
- First of all, you are advised to switch off your Epson printer and then search for a paper jam
- Now, you should close every tray suitably.
- In case, if you have a paper jam problem then you should make sure to clean it gently
- You should also check the warning of low ink on your Epson printing device. If it shows low ink levels then should refill them.
- Now, you should turn off the Wi-Fi network of your Epson printer and then try to link it to another Wi-Fi network.
- Do check whether the problem is resolved or not.
- It is highly recommended that you should employ another USB port to check if all the devices are properly connected or not.
Method 5- Rebooting your Epson printing device and Windows 10 system
There are several Windows 10 users who have complained about facing the Epson Printer in Error State issue while using the Epson printer. They can easily troubleshoot this issue with a reboot. Before going for a reboot, you should stop every printing task and save your work and switch off your PC.
Now, you should follow the below-mentioned steps, if you encounter the Epson Printer in Error State issue in Windows 10.
- Firstly, you are advised to hall your printing jobs from your PC
- Now, you should shut down your system
- Next, you should cancel all your printing jobs on your Epson printer device and then turn it off
- Thereafter, you should reboot the system
- Next, you should switch on your Epson printer device
- Finally, you will not be viewing your Epson printer in an error state and this issue will get resolved
Method 6- Updating the printer driver
The outdated printer driver can be a major cause of the Epson Printer in Error State issue. You can resolve this issue by the installation of the recent version of the printer driver on your computer. Despite the fact that a Windows 10 system can check the latest printer driver version, you can also do so manually.
Now, you should follow the below-mentioned steps for updating the Epson printer driver.
- First of all, you should launch the Windows Desktop
- Now, you are supposed to right-tap on the product icon on your Windows taskbar.
- Next, you should tap on the Software Update
- Thereafter, you should go to the ‘Utility’ tab in the window of printer settings.
- Finally, you should tap Driver Update
Method 7- Installing the Epson printer driver again on Windows 10
While working on Windows 10 with an updated printer driver, you may still encounter the Epson Printer in Error State issue. It can be because of some bugs attached to it. You can troubleshoot this problem by reinstalling the printer driver on your device.
Now, you should follow the below-mentioned steps to reinstall the printer driver on your Epson printer device.
- Firstly, on your system, you should launch Settings
- Now, you should click on the Devices and tap on Printers & Scanners.
- Next, you should suitably choose your Epson printer and then hit Remove Device. For confirming it, you should tap Yes
- You should ensure that your Epson printer device is turned on and connected to your device.
- On the device, you should open Settings.
- Now, you should tap Devices and then choose Printers and Scanners.
- Next, you should click Add a printer or scanner
- In the window, if you view your printer then you should select Add Device
- Subsequently, windows will install the driver
- If you are not able to view your Epson printer then you should tap “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- Now, you should choose the option Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings and then tap Next
- Now, you should select Use an Existing Port
- From the dropdown list, you should select ‘USB001,’ and then tap Next.
- Next, you should navigate to the Manufacturer column and select EPSON.
- From the Printers column, you should choose your device and tap Next.
- Thereafter, you should fill in the name of the printer and then tap Next
- Now, you should tap Do not share this printer, and click Next.
- Next, you should tap on Print a test page
- Finally, you should select Close and then hit Finish
Method 8- Installing Windows updates
For installing Windows updates, do follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first launch the Start menu and then open Settings
- Now, you should go to the section of Update & Security
- Next, you should hit Windows Update.
- Thereafter, you should click Check for the button of Updates.
- Finally, all the available updates for your system will get successfully installed.
We have successfully provided you with all major reasons and effective troubleshooting methods to resolve the Epson error in error state issue. If you still encounter any problems then experienced technicians from our technical support team will help you in resolving your issues.