Printers are a sophisticated machine and no matter whether they are top of the line model or not, at some point in time, they will show errors or not able to print. Knowing about the Hp printer error codes will undoubtedly help you rectify it.
Error code 02
This error occurs when there is a problem with the drivers or with the printer cable
- Turn your printer off.
- Remove the USB cable.
- Start the printer
- If it shows the status ready, then first update the drivers and reconnect the USB cable.
Error code 10
This error occurs when there is a problem with the chip of the cartridge, which hinders the printer from reading it.
- Turn off your printer and then turn it on.
- Remove the cartridge once and then reinsert it.
Error code 12
No paper in the tray
This error happens if there is no paper in the tray or there is a problem with the paper tray.
- Insert the paper in the paper tray.
- Ensure that the printer is level with the surface.
- Check paper sensor.
Error code 13
This error occurs when there is a jammed paper in the printer.
- Check for paper jam in the area where you have access to without opening the printer.
Error code 14
Cartridge not installs
This error occurs when either the toner cartridge is not installed correctly, or your printer is unable to detect one.
- Turn off your printer.
- Remove the cartridge and then reinsert it.
Error code 16
This error means that the ink in the cartridge is low or the toner is empty.
- Remove the cartridge
- Shake it gently; this will distribute the ink evenly.
- If the cartridge is empty, then change it.
Error code 20
This error occurs when there is memory insufficiency due to print job exceeding the memory limit.
- Reduce the size of your print job.
- Reduce the dpi of your document.
- You can also increase the memory size.
Error code 21
This error is the same as the error 20 in which the memory overflow occurs due to exceeding print job.
Error code 22
This error happens due to the communication issue between the printer and the computer.
- Remove the cable connecting the printer to the computer.
- Reinsert it in another port if possible.
Error code 24 and 25
This error is due to memory overload.
- Cancel print job from the printer’s settings first.
- Send print command one by one.
Error code 30
This error occurs due to postscript firmware.
- You have to reset the PS firmware SIMM.
- You should also print another postscript file; it will remove the corrupt PS file
Error code 30.1.1
This is due to the disk crash of your printer.
- You have to press the select button.
Error code 40
This error occurs when the data transmission fails between the computer and the printer.
- If the printer is connected through USB, remove it and then reconnect it.
- If connected wirelessly then reconfigure the connection and check for IP address is not changed.
Error code 41
This is due to the temporary failure of the print engine.
- Turn your printer off and wait for a few minutes.
- Restart your printer again.
Error code 49
Many reasons can cause this error; the primary one is the firmware issue.
- Turn off your printer.
- Restart it again and then update the firmware.
- Reset the cable connections.
Error code 50.1
The fuser is failing to warm up to the required temperature.
Error code 50.2
The fuser is failing to warm up in the set amount of time.
Error code 50.3
The thermistor is becoming too hot.
Error code 50.4
This error could be due to faulty fuser.
Error code 50.5
This error could be due to the wrong type of fuser installed.
Error code 50.6
This error occurs when the cover of fuser is open.
Error code 50.7
This error is due to the failure of the fuser pressure mechanism.
Error code 50.8
This error occurs when the secondary thermistor detects a fault which leads to the low level of fuser temperature.
Error code 51
This error occurs when there is a fault in the beam detector.
- You should replace the laser toner assembly.
Error code 52
This error is due to incorrect scanner speed.
- You should contact the Hp support, and hp engineer will correct this error.
Error code 54
This error occurs due to wrong printer cycle power.
- Check for the sealing tape and remove it from the toner cartridge.
Error code 55
This error will be caused by a poor connection between the DC controller and formatter.
- Contact the Hp support to rectify this error.
Error code 56
More then, one reason can cause this error.
- Check that the paper tray is correctly installed.
- Check the printer configuration.
Error code 57.xx
Fan failure will cause this error.
- Call a Hp engineer to remove this error.
Error code 58.xx
This could be due to multiple problems.
It could be due to a power problem, fan failure, or due to the DC controller fault.
- You will need assistance from hp engineer to solve this error
Error code 59
It’s due to motor not working correctly.
- Try to reset or change the memory.
- Call the hp engineer for assistance.
Error code 60.xx
This error occurs when there is a fault in the motorized lift tray.
- Check if there is any obstruction like a paper clip or staple pin.
Error code 62
Defective formatter Board or memory not appropriately fitted will cause this error.
- Reset the memory chip.
- Sometimes you have to replace the formatter board.
Error code 64 and 65
This error is due to a defective dc controller or bad firmware DIMMs.
- Turn your printer off and wait for some time.
- If the error isn’t resolved then replace DIMMs and formatter board.
Error code 66
This error is due to additional paper or envelops trays.
- Turn the printer off.
- Check that all the moving components are working properly.
Error code 67
This error occurs due to a memory problem or a defective paper guide.
- Check the paper tray is not damaged.
- Check that the input-output cable is installed correctly and not damaged.
Error code 68
Full or overloaded NVRAM will cause this error.
- Print out the configuration page.
- Then reset the NVRAM.
- Re-enter the configuration details again.
Error code 69
The duplex unit is causing the problem that’s why this error.
- Remove the obstruction if any.
- Reset the duplex unit.
Error code 70 and 71
Compatibility issue with SIMM or the printer’s cartridge may cause this error.
- Check that the cartridge is supported for your printer.
Error code 72
This error occurs when there is a defect in the front cartridge or formatter board.
- Remove the front cartridge and install it correctly.
- If necessary, replace the font cartridge.
HP printer Error codes 79
This error could be due to hardware malfunction, the problem with I/O card or firmware.
- First, remove all the removable parts of your printer.
- Reinsert them one by one. This approach will identify which part is malfunctioning.
- Update the firmware with the latest version.
Error code 80 and 81
Net card issues and fault in the formatter board cause this error.
- Update the firmware.
- Remove and reinsert the I/O card.
- If the problem still persists, then replacing the formatter board is the only option.
Error code 89
This error occurs when the postscripts ROM fails. This could be due to damaged pins.
- Turn off the printer and restart; this sometimes solves the issue.
- Check the PS ROM for any damage.
- If there is any damage, you have to replace the PS ROM.
Error code 99
Your printer’s firmware is out of date, or there is a failure with flash firmware.
- Update to the latest firmware.
- Replace the flash firmware DIMM.
Most of the error with your hp Printer error codes is easy to resolve. But some of them certainly require e an expert.
We do not recommend you to repair any damaged part of your printer yourself. It’s always better to seek assistance from an expert for HP printer error codes.