Drivers are an essential piece of software that enables communications between the operating system and the hardware or the Devices connected to the computer. What this means is whatever device you are connecting to your computer you need the drivers for that particular device to be installed for it to function smoothly. Now every vendor for computer Devices provides drivers for their peripheral through Offline media or online downloads. Also, they release timely updates for any fixes or adding more functionalities. That is the case with hp printers too. No matter, whether it’s your first hp printer setup or you are attempting a clean re-install you need to install the hp printer drivers too. Now installing the drivers is an easy process and didn’t take much time. You just insert the installation media or download them online, then run the Installer and wait for some time. That’s it, your printer will be ready to print.
Rather uneventful! But there are certain scenarios where the hp printer drivers won’t install on windows 10. Here things get complicated and windows start showing all sorts of errors. At this point, one easy process of
hp printer driver installation on windows 10 becomes a nightmare for users. Fortunately, though these errors can be resolved and rather easily. Here we present tried and tested methods to quickly fix the issue and get your printer back to running state. Remove and reconnect the printer This may seem old trick, a little outdated, but believe it or not, it
works. Also what harm there is to apply an old tweak, if it did work, a lot of your precious time will be saved. That is why this is the very first method we suggest.
● Switch off your printer and disconnect it from the computer if you were using any cable such as USB or ethernet. Turn off your computer too.
● Now do all the connections back again. Use a different USB or ethernet port If possible because they might be causing the issue.
● Connect the printer to the power supply and fire it on. Restart your computer too and then reattempt the hp printer driver installation.
● If the trick has worked you won’t see any error message regarding the printer driver installation. Try disabling the hp smart install software To assist the hp printer’s drivers and software installation, hp in past has bundled up its printers with software called the hp smart install. Although the software is discontinued by hp, in case it is
installed on any computer it may create a conflict during the installation process of hp printer’s drivers. Disabling it can resolve the errors.
● On your printer’s screen, navigate to set up and then to services.
● Here look for the Hp smart install feature and see if it is enabled or disabled.
● If it’s enabled, then disable it and close the setup.
● Now check if you can install the hp printer drivers on your Windows 10 device.
Remove any previous hp printer drivers and initiate a fresh install
For a fresh install, you need to clean any previously installed drivers. This eliminates any corrupt files that could be preventing the installation of hp printer drivers on windows 10.
● On the desktop, double click the control panel icon to open it. You can open it via the start menu too.
● Once in the control panel look for Hardware and Sound select it and then click on devices and printers.
● Look for the Hp printer icon and select it. Now click on the remove device option. Do it for any other hp printer listed on the device and printer window.
● Now restart your computer and open the run dialogue box. Use the shortcut Windows Key + R.
● Type Printui.exe /s in the search field and click on the OK button.
● Printer Server Properties Window will open up. Click on the driver’s tab, select all the listed hp printer drivers, and then click on the remove button.
● Now try to install the driver again and see if the problem is gone or not.
Run the Windows 10 troubleshooter program To quickly fix minor troubles with windows 10, its creator,
Microsoft has embedded with it a troubleshooting program. In case a user faces any issue this troubleshooter can diagnose and rectify the issue. You can use this program to troubleshoot your hp printer problem too.
● In the start, menu search for the settings option and open it.
● When the setting window opens up, select the Update and Security option.
● On the left side of the screen, you will find the troubleshoot option in the menu, click on it.
● Under this option choose printer and then click on the “run the troubleshooter button.”
● Windows 10 troubleshooter will run a series of checks to diagnose the issue that could be affecting the printer’s function.
● If it finds anything, it will correct it automatically or suggest the settings you must apply to clear out the error.
To sum it up
If you have applied all the fixes given here we are sure that by now your issue must have been resolved. If still, hp printer driver won’t install on windows 10 then it would we wise to contact the hp support to fix it.