It is always recommended that before the Installation of any printer drivers, the user should remove any drivers from their printer that had been previously Installed.
Also, before the process of Installation and downloading of any kind of printer, the very first thing that the user is required to do is unbox the printer and connect it with the computer as well as with the main power switch using an appropriate cable.
For DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THE DELL PRINTER SETUP:
1. Open your web browser and then open Dell Drivers and Downloads site.
2. For getting a concise list of drivers specifically for your product model, fill in the service tag of your printer and then click on Search to continue.
Note: In case the Service tag is not available.
• Select or make a click on Browse all products.
• Then make a click on Electronics and accessories.
• Select or make a click on Printers and Accessories.
• Now, the user needs to select their printer model.
(You will locate this model number of the Printer on the front of the printer.)
3. You will then find a drop-down menu under Operation System. Here, choose the operation system which matches that is Installed on your device.
4. Then, search the files which are listed as Application or Drivers for OS deployment ( something that consists of the word Drivers or Driver in its title) under the option of DOWNLOAD LIST.
5. The user then needs to make a note of one or more File names that are listed which the user must know after the downloading of the file finishes.
6. The user then needs to make sure that the checkbox next to each file has been tick-marked. Then proceed to select the DOWNLOAD ALL option.
7. The user might then be prompted to save, save file or the downloading process might get started automatically, which depends on your web browser.
8. The browser will then give the user the option for opening the folder of downloads, once the file gets downloaded.
9. Make a right-click on the driver file and then click on Run as administrator.
10. The User Account Control windows might pop-up. If the window appears, make a click on Yes for starting the process of Installation and then go on to follow the prompts that appear for installing the driver.
UPDATING THE DELL PRINTER FIRMWARE ( through Download and installation of the latest version)
Firmware releases are designed for updating features and for correcting the functionality, hence it is recommended to make an update to the latest version of firmware which is available for your printer.
1. Open a web browser for opening Dell Drivers and Downloads website.
2. Fill in the service tag of your printer for getting a concise list of the drivers specifically for your product model and then make a click on Search for continuing.
3. Then, under the option of Operating system, use the drop-down menu for selecting the operation system which matches the Operating system on your device or the one which is in the most recent list.
4. Locate the file that is listed as firmware under the option of Download list. If no firmware is displayed, move on to the next oldest Operating system.
5. The user then needs to make a note of the file name that is listed as firmware. The user must know it after the downloading of the file is finished.
6. Select or click on the option of Download located to the right of the file.
7. The user might then be prompted to save, save file or the process of Download might get started automatically which depends on your browser.
8. Once the downloading of the file is finished, the browser will then give the user the option for opening the Downloads folder.
9. Make a right-click on the file that has been downloaded and then make a click on properties.
10. Select or make a click on the tab of COMPATIBILITY.
11. Make a click on the option of Change Settings For All Users.
12. Make a click on the box located next to ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’.
13. Choose the Operating system that matches the Operating system of the downloaded driver by using the drop-down menu.
14. Make a click on Apply and then click on OK.
15. Make a click on Ok again.
16. Make a right-click on the driver file and then make a click on the option of Run as Administrator.
17. Then the screen for User Account Control might get displayed here. If it does, make a click on the option Yes for starting the process of Installation and then go on to following the prompts that appear on your screen in order to install the firmware.