Your Canon Printer is showing Canon printer offline error and is unable to execute the Print command you are giving. That could be quite annoying. More annoying is that you couldn’t figure out what’s causing the issue.
Worry not; you are at the right place. We here in this post will provide you all the troubleshooting steps necessary to rectify this annoying error.
Canon Printer offline status in windows
We start with windows platform and then we are going to cover Printer offline troubleshooting steps for Mac also, so read on.
Check for the physical connection between Canon Printer and PC
Loose connections are one of the main culprits behind the offline status of your Printer, so any troubleshooting steps should start from the connections of your Printer.
For USB connected Printer
- Switch off your Canon Printer.
- Remove the USB cable, check for any faults and then reinsert it correctly in both the USB port of Printer and your computer.
- Restart the Printer and wait for the connection to establish.
- Print something to see if the issue has resolved.
For Wirelessly connected canon printer
- First, switch off your Printer.
- Check your router or access point that they are working correctly and are connected to a network.
- Restart your Printer and reconnect it to your system.
- When the Printer is connected to the network give a print command to see if it’s printing or not.
Disabling the “use printer offline” status
Disabling the use Printer offline status feature helps to solve the canon printer offline error.
- Click the start button on windows and then go to control panel.
- From control panel, go to hardware and sound and then choose the device and printer option.
- From the listed printer device right click your Canon printer icon and select what’s printing.
- Select printer option and the see whether is a tick mark at use Printer offline option.
- If there is a tick mark, then uncheck it.
- Once done, again go to the printer option and then select the cancel all document option.
- Start printing again.
Restarting the “Print Spooler services” to troubleshoot the offline printer issue.
- Press the start button and in the search box enter Services.
- The desktop will show the service tab, click on it.
- All the services running will be listed.
- Find the Print Spooler services and then right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the restart option.
- Once again, right-click on the print spooler option and this time, choose properties.
- Select Automatic as the startup option.
- Press Ok. This will save the changes you have done.
Canon Printer offline Mac
To troubleshoot the canon printer offline issue in Mac start by checking the physical connections between the Printer and your computer as described above. Most probably it will correct the problem.
If the issue persists, then proceed further.
Resetting your Canon printer on Mac
- Resetting the Printer sometimes bring it back online.
- Click the apple icon and select the system preferences option from the menu.
- Now go to the hardware section, choose the Print, and Scan Option.
- Printer and scanner window will open up.
- On the left side of the window, press the printer list option.
- It will show all the Printer connected to your Mac.
- Choose your cannon printer from the list.
- Once selected press the reset printing system from the control popup window.
- Ok now make sure that your Printer is connected to your Mac via whatever mode of connection you preferred, be it the USB mode or wireless mode.
- Now again follow the same path. Press the apple icon then go to system preferences and then to Print and Scan.
- On the left side of the window that opens up, there will be a + Plus sign.
- Click on it. It will let you add your Canon printer to your Mac system.
- Once you press the + icon, a list of Printer will be shown, choose your Printer and then press the add button.
- Once your Printer is added your Mac operating system will automatically download and install printer drivers.
Delete other Printer’s name from your Mac system
Sometimes multiple names of Printer’s listed in the printers and scanner option results in the canon printer offline error, deleting them may troubleshoot the issue.
- Go to Printers and Scanners option and open the list of printers.
- Once the list is displayed, choose all the name of printers except your Canon Printer and then remove them by pressing the minus sign.
- Set the only remaining Printer to the default one.
- Try printing some document.
That’s all for this troubleshooting guide. We hope that the problem must be solved by now. In case you are still facing the issue, you always have the option of contacting the canon support.