Epson printers are renowned for their superior colorful printing performance but are prone to technical glitches like Epson printer not printing color. After replacing all or one of the empty ink cartridges, users find that their Epson printers have abruptly stopped printing.
We will now be discussing the major reasons behind it and fixes to resolve this issue.
Main Reasons behind Epson Printer Not Printing Color issue
We are proving to you the main reasons behind the Epson Printer Not Printing Color issuein the below-mentioned steps: –
- Blocked Nozzles- Many times, users run more than three cycles of print cleaning at a single time and this can result in ink build-up in the nozzles.
- Accumulation of Dust inside your Epson printer- The accumulation of dust inside your Epson printer machine can lead to the Epson Printer Not Printing Color issue. It’s advised to always dust your printer regularly.
- Accumulation of Dried Ink- The accumulation of dried ink in the ink cartridge can be the reason behind this issue. At times, the removal of dried ink build-up can be very difficult because of some specific Epson printer models.
- Using Epson printer irregularly- The regular usage of the Epson printer will keep the clogging issues at bay. Therefore, if you don’t use your printer regularly, then there will be an accumulation of dust and negative air pressure.
- Your Epson printer is always on- There are many users who habitually keep their printers on even when they are not using them. This negatively affects the printer as it doesn’t get an opportunity to run a cleaning cycle.
Effective Troubleshooting to fix Epson Printer Not Printing Color Problem
The users can perform various quality checks to make sure that their Epson printer prints color.
We are providing some effective techniques in the below-mentioned steps: –
- Checking the Nozzles
You should first turn off your Epson printer and then follow these points: –
- You should first load the paper into the paper tray
- Next, you should locate the Paper/Cancel and Power buttons on the control panel.
- Now, you should press and hold these two buttons.
- Whenever the power light starts blinking, you should release these buttons
- Now, you should let the printer print the nozzle check pattern and then verify it.
- If you notice the gaps in the pattern then it means that the printhead nozzles are clogged.
- Lastly, you should clean the printhead.
- Cleaning the Printhead through the Control Panel
For cleaning the printhead through the Control Panel, you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Firstly, your paper tray should have adequate paper
- Now, you should hold down the ink button on the printer’s panel for around three seconds.
- Subsequently, the cleaning cycle will start
- Once the cleaning cycle is completed, you should print the nozzle pattern to find if the printhead is clean or not.
- Checking the Ink Level
For checking the Ink Level, do follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first power on your Epson printing machine
- Next, you should push the Menu button.
- Now, you should move over to Setup and then choose Ink volume.
- You should hit OK
- Lastly, you should replace the ink cartridge if it is low on ink or fill the ink tank
- Modifying the Epson Printer’s Settings
For rectifying the issue of the Epson Printer Not Printing Color, you areadvised to modify your Epson Printer’s setting by following the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first go to the Print dialog box, and select ‘Printer Settings.’
- Now, you should choose the ‘Basic settings tab.
- In this section, you will be viewing Black on the right and Colour on the left.
- Now, you should choose the’ Color’ option if you wish to print in color.
- Thereafter, at the dialog box’s bottom, you should tap ‘Print.’
- Finally, it will initiate the process of test printing and will save your applied settings.
- Updating the Epson Printer Driver
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to update the printer driver.
- You should first navigate to the Start menu and input Device Manager.
- Now, you should hit Enter and then tap on your Epson printing machine.
- Next, you should right-tap on your Epson printer and choose Update driver.
- Thereafter, you should choose the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Lastly, you should follow the on-screen instructions to finish the process.
- Flushing the Ink
This option goes for the user who doesn’t use their Epson printer for longer periods. In the nozzles of your printer, there can be dried ink particles which can cause Epson printer not printing color problem.
For flushing the ink, do follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Firstly, you should launch Settings and then tap on ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- Now, you should hit ‘Printing Preferences.’
- Next, you should click ‘Maintenance.
- Finally, you should tap the ‘Power Ink Flush’ followed by ‘OK.’
- Checking the Grayscale/Black Print Settings
If your Epson printer is printing only black and not color prints then you must examine the grayscale/black print only settings. If they are activated then your Epson printer will print documents in black and white format only.
- You should first launch the control panel
- Now, you should hit Devices and Printers.
- Next, you should right-tap on your Epson printer and navigate to Printing Preferences.
- Thereafter, you should disable the mode Grayscale/Black print-only.
- Finally, you should press OK
- Port your Epson Printer Accurately
If you have installed the port inaccurately then you should follow the below-mentioned steps to change the port without reinstalling your printer.
- Firstly, you should open your system and then tap Control Panel.
- Now, you should choose Devices and Printers and then select your printer.
- Next, you should right-tap on your printer to open Printer Properties.
- Thereafter, you should tap the Ports tab and hit Add port.
- Now, you should choose ‘Standard TTCP/IP Port, followed by clicking on New Port.
- On the following page, you should tap Next.
- Next, you should hit the Apply button.
- Finally, you should restart your system and your Epson printer.
- Fixing Epson Ecotank not Printing Color Issue
There are many users who complain that their Epson Ecotank ET-2700 is not printing color. The main cause of this problem is a dirty printhead. Users can clean it by using the product buttons. Do follow these steps: –
- You should ensure that no product lights indicate errors.
- Now, you should load a few plain sheets of paper.
- Next, you should hold the Stop button for three seconds and start the cleaning cycle.
- You should never switch off your product or open the scanner during a cleaning cycle.
- Thereafter, you should perform a nozzle check.
- Lastly, if it shows no improvement then you should switch off your Epson printer and then wait for around 12 hours and then clean the printhead again.
After thoroughly reading this article, you must be well versed with the reasons and fixes for Epson printer not printing color problem. If you still require any type of help or assistance then you can contact our technical support team.