The CenturyLink Internet-based Email service provider is one of the leading and renowned communication providers to global internet users. It is garnering popularity day by day as it offers its users additional protection from unpredictable and unexpected junk and spam mail. The problem related to CenturyLink Email Issues can be a very frustrating experience. Its user can encounter any problem related to it such as freezing of account, frequent login trouble, configuration settings mishap, and more.
If you are one of the users who are consistently and frequently facing problems related to CenturyLink Email Issues then it’s time to understand the reasons behind it and implement effective troubleshootingmethods to fix it.
Main Reasons behind Constant CenturyLink Email Issues
There can be several issues behind this error, some are simple while some are complicated. Therefore, some of them can be easily fixed while some require technical expertise and patience.
In the below-mentioned steps, we will now discuss the main reasons behind constant CenturyLink Email Issues.
- To begin with, CenturyLink Email provides its users an email Size Limit of 20 MB otherwise total storage of 15 GB. If the storage gets exhausted, then users start encountering email-related problems. Other limits are –
- Sending Limit to Contacts up to 100 Contacts at the same time.
- Webmail Send Limit of up to 100 / hour.
- SMTP Send Limit of up to 500 / hour.
- IP-Basedsed Send Limit of up to 50 / 5 Minutes.
- CenturyLink Email users can easily track the messages sent by using the conversation filter. They can also create different folders and subfolders to organize the mail inbox. In addition, they can also directly route similar messages in the designated folder. If a wrong alignment of these filters is done, then the email will malfunction.
- CenturyLink Email users can also configure the system settings through their own efforts. In many cases, the wrong configuration settings are one of the major reasons behind the CenturyLink Email Issues.
- There might be a probability that CenturyLink Email users might be inputting incorrect login credentials at the time of logging into their account.
- There might be a probability that CenturyLink Email Account’s server might have crashed or is down for the time being.
- The antivirus installed in the system might be creating a firewall and this may create trouble in logging in to CenturyLink Email Account.
- The poor or slow internet speed or consistently interrupted internet speed.
- The usage of outdated CenturyLink Email Software
- Web Browser used by users for using the CenturyLink Email Service is fully occupied with cache and cookies.
Effective Methods to Resolve CenturyLink.Net Email Issues
The users can adopt and implement several methods to resolve CenturyLink Email issues.
Let’s discuss them one by one in the below-mentioned steps: –
CenturyLink.Net Email Configuration Settings
CenturyLink Email users should check whether the CenturyLink Email Configuration Settings for both the Incoming Mail Server and the Outgoing Mail Server are correct or not.
They should update them as per the below inputs –
Incoming Mail Server Settings —
- Server – pop.centurylink.net
- PORT – 993
- Security – SSL / TLS
Outgoing Mail Server Settings —
- Server – smtp.centurylink.net
- PORT – 587 / 465
- Security – SSL / TLS
- Filling the Recycle Bin with undesirable Emails Issues
The simplest and safest method to fix your CenturyLink Email Account is by erasing the necessary spam and junk mail. In addition, you should move them to the recycle bin or trash of your email account and then again erase them from there as well. Spam and junk emails can be troublesome affairs and can be an extra load over the total storage of your email account. A similar method should be adopted to keep only the essential emails.
- Resetting Account Password and other important login credentials
The other major reason behind the CenturyLink Email Issues can be the issue with the user’s login account login password. You are advised to change your password and then re-login your account. For simple navigation, you should write the password on a blank worksheet of WordPad or MS Word File. You can also copy the same using CTRL + C and then paste it using CTRL + V on the designated password column in the login window of CenturyLink.Net Email Account. The users should always follow the important points relating to the safety of their account password and should not share it with anyone.
Effective Steps to Reset CenturyLink Webmail Password
- Firstly, you should visit the official website of CenturyLink and then enter your login credentials in the correct way.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, you should choose Change or Reset CenturyLink Webmail password
- Nevertheless, this time you have to input the previous password in the Current Password field.
- Next, you are supposed to input a new or unique password in the New Password field.
- After it is accomplished, you should click on the Save button to successfully complete the reset password process.
- Finally, it completes the reset of your CenturyLink Webmail password.
4. Updating or Re-Installing the CenturyLink Email Software / Application
From time to time, the users are advised to download timely updates and new versions regarding their email software and applications, provided by the CenturyLink Email Service. To avoid any email-related breakage, it should be properly downloaded and installed on the system. You are recommended to download the updates from trusted and authentic sources only. Thus, the users should be very careful and attentive while installing them.
Effective Methods to Add or Remove Email Accounts
In the below-mentioned steps, we are providing you with the steps if you want to add CenturyLink.Net email accounts.
- To Add CenturyLink.Net Email Accounts
- To begin with, you should visit the homepage of CenturyLink.
- Now, under the My CenturyLink menu, you should click on the User Settings option.
- Next, you should hit the Add button in order to add the New User section.
- Thereafter, you should fill in the New User form by entering all the information.
- After accurately filling out the form, you can store the information by clicking on the Add User button.
- Now, you should click on the Add CenturyLink Email Account option.
- Finally, you should type your new login credentials (Username & Password) and save them on your system.
- 2. To Remove CenturyLink.Net Webmail Accounts
- Firstly, you should open the CenturyLink Webmail homepage.
- Now, you should select the User Settings option from the My CenturyLink menu.
- You are also supposed to search for the email account you want to remove or delete from the Manage Users section.
- Now, you should go to the bottom of the email account and then click on the Remove User button.
- Subsequently, a pop-up window will appear asking if you want to remove the user.
- You are advised to click OK to confirm the deletion.
- In case, if you do not want to remove the user then you should click on the Cancel option.
Conclusion In this article blog, we have offered all the sufficient information related to CenturyLink Email Issues. If you are looking for expert and professional expertise to solve any problem related to CenturyLink Email then you can contact our technical support team