Brother is one of the finest international printer brands, which produces remarkable printer machines that can print in both colour and black/white. Despite providing high-quality prints, they are also very economical and easy to use. Sometimes, users encounter an issue such as Brother Printer Printing Black and White, due to any kind of errors or faults in their Brother printer machines.
For rectifying this technical problem, you are supposed to troubleshoot it and then follow up with the required solution. So, before discussing the successful troubleshooting methods, we will first discuss the main reason behind the issue.
Main reasons behind the Brother Printer Printing Black and White issue
As you are facing this issue, it will be impossible for your Brother’s printer machine to print color-printed documents. We are now listing out the main reasons behind the Brother Printer Printing Black and White issue.
- Empty Color Cartridges in your Brother Printer
- Color Cartridges are improperly Installed
- Blocked Print Heads of your Brother Printer
- Any type of Power Surge Issue
- Clogged Air Hole
- Any type of Improper Printer Settings
Brother printer users are advised to check for all these technical problems and then follow up with the steps to fix them.
Troubleshooting and Resolving the Brother Printer Printing Black and White issue
For printing your documents perfectly in color using your Brother Printer, you are supposed to resolve the issue by performing the below-mentioned methods in series. If you have detected the exact reason for this technical problem then you can apply the solution and can execute it accordingly.
Method 1- Checking and Filling the Color Cartridges
To begin with, you should try to resolve this issue by refilling the colored cartridges in empty cases.
For checking the ink levels of the cartridges, you are supposed to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, you should click on the Menu button on your Brother printer
- Next, you should use the Up and Down arrow keys to scroll and navigate to the option Ink Management
- Now, you should click on the OK button
- Finally, you can observe the ink levels on the screen, and then check it and press the OK button.
- In addition, you can open the cartridge door and then check the ink levels directly from there.
- If the ink levels are low then you are supposed to refill the cartridges and then try to print and check whether the technical problem of Brother Printer Printing Black and White is resolved or not.
Method 2- Installing the Color Ink Cartridges Properly
If you have not installed the color ink cartridges appropriately, then your Brother printer will print only in black and white. For resolving the problem, the users are supposed to reinstall the color ink cartridges.
Now, Brother printer users should follow the below-mentioned steps to reinstall the ink cartridges: –
- First of all, you are supposed to open the door of the ink cartridge
- Next, you should push the color lever in the downward direction and then remove each ink cartridge.
- Now, you should keep your Brother printer ON.
- Thereafter, you should place all the ink cartridges in specific places. You should ensure to place the correct color of each ink.
- Now, you should click Yes, after receiving the confirmation message for each ink cartridge.
- Next, you should close the cartridge door after placing all the ink cartridges in their respective place.
- Finally, you are advised to check whether the technical problem of Brother Printer Printing Black and White is fixed or not.
Method 3- Unblocking or Cleaning the Print Heads
This technical issue can also occur due to dirty or blocked print heads. If you are not using your Brother printer for a long time, then the dried ink can be the exact reason for the blocked ink heads.
Therefore, you are supposed to clean the print heads properly before using your Brother printer.
Do follow the below-mentioned steps for cleaning the print heads: –
- First of all, you are supposed to click on the Menu button
- Now, you should use the Up and Down arrow keys, and navigate to the Cleaning option.
- Next, you should click on the OK button
- Thereafter, the screen will display you all the ink colors that the printer is using.
- Now, you are supposed to choose one color which you wish to clean.
- You have the option to choose Select All for all the colors.
- Lastly, you are advised to check whether the technical problem of Brother Printer Printing Black and White is resolved or not.
Method 4- Resolving Power Surge Issue
Power failure can be another major reason for this technical problem. Power surge requires a high amount of ink and so you should refill all the inks to their required levels.
Do follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, you are supposed to switch OFF your Brother printer
- Now, you should press the Menu button and then hold it for a few seconds until the printer is ON.
- Next, you should press the Menu button and then hold it until you may be able to see Maintenance in your Brother printer.
- Thereafter, you should click on the 7, 6, and 3 respectively.
- Now, the screen will display Power_P ALL
- Finally, you should click on the Start button
Method 5- Resolving the Clogged Air Hole problem
The clogged air hole can also be the reason for this technical issue. Air Hole can be described as a small hole in the print head from which the ink goes out. If it gets blocked then your Brother printer machine will not be able to print properly.
For resolving the clogged Air Hole problem, you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- First of all, you should open the small cartridge door of your Brother printer.
- Now, you should push the levers down and remove all the ink cartridges.
- Thereafter, you should examine a small hole in the print head, and then you should blow air in that hole to remove any blockage.
- Finally, it will unclog the line, and thereafter you will be able to print in color.
Method 6- Changing your Brother Printer Settings
The wrong printer settings in your Brother printer can lead to the Brother Printer Printing Black and White issue. For changing the settings, you are supposed to navigate to the printer properties and then select the Advanced tab. Finally, you should select the setting as colored prints. Now, you are advised to check whether the technical problem of Brother Printer Printing Black and White is rectified or not.
Conclusion In this article blog, we have provided you with all the effective methods to troubleshoot the issue of Brother Printer Printing Black and White. You areadvised to read each and every method properly and apply them appropriately. If you still encounter any issues then you can contact our efficiently trained technical support team