Online security is the foremost requirement in the world of the internet. What better way to ensure your device security then opting for Bitdefender protection. You could protect multiple devices with a single Bitdefender subscription. And to manage the subscription, you have the Bitdefender Central account. On a single dashboard, you get all the features to, control, manage, and monitor all your devices with Bitdefender protection enabled.
What is a Bitdefender Central account?
Bitdefender license offers complete protection over multiple devices. You can have Bitdefender installed on windows, mac, and android mobile devices. With many devices under protection with a single subscription, the need arises for a
central management portal to manage the installed client across various devices, Bitdefender Central serves that need. Now your device security is at your fingertip. You think your device is compromised, initiate a scan remotely,
the phone is lost, you can lock it from your Central account. Bitdefender Central gives you control of your device’s security, so no matter where you are Bitdefender protection is with you. Let’s look at what more you can do with
your Bitdefender Central account:
Security From your Central account, you can see the list of your devices currently under Bitdefender protection. If there is an issue on any device that needs to be fixed, you can do it from the Central account. You can initiate a full or quick scan remotely and even perform device optimization and free up storage. Use the anti-theft module to locate your stolen device, you can also remotely lock the device or wipe the data.
Identity theft protection
You can use Bitdefender Central to discover if you have ever been a victim of identity theft. With digital footprint visualization and continuous identity monitoring features, you can find out how much of your personal information is in the public domain and get real-time alerts about recent infringement on your personal information.
Active parental control
From your Central account, you can control your child’s activity on your phone and laptop.
You can see the list of contact on the phone, see the website visited, block or allow certain websites.
You can have full control of the screen time. Specify hours when your child could or could not use any of the devices.
You can see which subscription is currently active on your account, how much time left in the license period.
You can change or update account information, reset your account password, manage payments, or renew your subscription.
How to access Bitdefender Central account?
● Launch a browser of your choice on your PC.
● Type Bitdefender Central url central.Bitdefender.com in the address bar and press enter.
● You will be taken to the Bitdefender Central website.
● First, provide the email that you used to register the account and click on Next.
● Then on the next page, provide the account password and click on the Sign-in button.
● That’s it, you can now access your Central account.
How to set up a bidefendar Central account?
If you have a Bitdefender license and you haven’t registered an account, you must do it. Setting up an account is quite easy;
● In a browser navigate to the official Bitdefender Central page.
● The login page will open up, here you have two options, either sign in or create an account. Choose the second one and click on the create an account link.
● You will move to the account setup screen. You have to fill in some details, like your name and email address.
● Type incorrectly, then choose a password. Keep the password strong, yet simple to remember.
● Next click on the creat account button. An email will be sent with the authentication link.
● Go to your email application, locate the email containing the link for Bitdefender Central account and open it.
● Now click on the confirmation link to authenticate your email address.
● You will then again be redirected to the Bitdefender login page, you can use the login information of your newly created account to sign in.
How to fix Bitdefender Central account errors?
● If there is a login issue with your Central account, it could be due to the browser.
● Update the browser to its latest version. An outdated browser could prevent login.
● Next clear the caches, cookies, and surfing history, and then login.
● To pinpoint a browser error, try a different browser, if you can access your account, you can be sure that the previous browser was responsible.
● If the login error still occurs try a different device.
● Check for network issues. See if you could access another website. If it opens up, it must be a server issue and the Bitdefender Central page must be down. Wait for an hour, then log in again.
● Check the login details. See if you are typing the email and password correctly.
● If you are not sure about the login credentials or you have forgotten the password, opt for the password recovery option.
● After resetting the password, reattempt the Central account login.