Primary 123.hp.com/ setup for hp 8710 printer
- Take the printer out of its packaging
- Connect the printer to an electrical outlet
- Insert the ink cartridges or toners. (Please refer to the printer manual)
- Choose the appropriate connection
Install the drivers for the printer
- Insert the utility cd in the optical drive.
- Wait for the setup to run and install.
- If you don’t have the installation disk enter the 123.hp.com/8710 URL in your browser.
- Specify your printer model.
- Download the latest drivers and install them.
Connect the 123 hp 8710 printer through USB cable
Place the printer close to the computer as most USB cables are of short length.
- Plug the printer USB cable into your computer. It should fit into one of the USB ports on the side of your computer or on the back or front of the CPU box.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable to the printer.
- Press the button to turn on the printer. Be sure to wait a minute or more after doing this before continuing.
- In many cases, simply turning on the printer after connecting to the computer will require the installation of the printer to begin. If so, follow the on-screen instructions until your printer is installed.
- If plugging the printer into your computer does not prompt the installation process to start, continue with this method.
- Look for the Windows logo in the lower-left corner of the screen and click on it. The Start menu opens.
- Enter “printers and scanners” in START.
- This will locate the printers and scanners section on your computer.
- Click on printers and then scanners. You will see this at the top of the Start window.
- Here click on “Add a printer or scanner”. It’s at the top of the printers and scanners window.
- Click on the name of your printer. You will find it in the ” Add a printer or scanner” window. By doing so, you will bring the printer installation window.
- If the name of your printer does not appear, you must click on “the printer I want is not listed”, then select a search option and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Your printer is now correctly installed and ready to print.
Connect the 123 hp 8710 through WIFI
Connecting the printer wirelessly has its advantages. One of them is your printer is free from space constraint as long as it is in the range of the wireless network.
There are mainly two ways to connect your printer:
- Automatic wireless connection
- WiFi Protected Setup (WPS)
Connect a printer via WiFi through WPS
- Press the wireless button on your printer.
- Now press on the WPS button on your router.
- Your printer will search for the networks.
- It will connect to your wireless network.
- You may have to enter the network password.
- When this is done open your computer’s settings or control panel
- Choose “Devices and Printers”
- Select “Add a printer”
- “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” is the option that you should choose from the window.
- Select your wireless printer
- Install the printer driver on your computer
- Follow the steps of the installation wizard and click on “Finish”
123 hp 8710 setup to connect on Mac
- At the top left side of the screen there will be the apple menu, click on it.
- Click on “system preferences”
- Select the “Printers and scanners” icon
- Click on “Add (+)”
- Choose your wireless printer from the list of nearby devices or click “Add a printer” if your model does not appear
- If necessary, enter the IP address of your printer
Connect the hp wireless printer to an iPhone
- Make sure your phone and printer are on the same wireless network.
- Select the photo or document you want to print.
- Click on the share or configuration icon to access the printing options of the application
- Click on the “print” option.
- Choose your printer supporting AirPrint functionality.
- All the latest 123 hp printer supports the apple AirPrint feature. So you don’t have to install any third-party application.
Install the 123 hp 8710 printer in Windows 10 via an IP address
- Enter printers ” in the search field of the start menu.
- Select the Printers and scanners option from here.
- Look for the ” Add a printer or scanner ” from the menu and select it.
- Wait for the ” The printer I want is not in the ” Option list to appear, then select it.
- You will see the option ” Add a printer using a TCP / IP address or hostname “, select it and then select ” Next “.
- Go for the ” TCP / IP Device ” option from the ” Device Type ” list.
- Type the hostname or IP address of the printer and then select ” Next “.
- Windows should find the printer if it is secure and configured correctly.
Troubleshooting for the wireless connection of the hp 8710 Printer
The printer cannot connect to the network
You have installed the printer over WIFI and the configuration seems to have gone smoothly, but you cannot control the device via the network? Then the configuration is probably wrong or incomplete. Therefore, data exchange between the Wi-Fi router and the printer is impossible. In this case, select the router settings and check the configuration. It is enough to have made a mistake or to have incorrectly selected the options for it is impossible to use a printer via Wi-Fi.
MAC filtering blocks unauthorized Wi-Fi devices
MAC filtering requires network devices to provide their MAC addresses in order to access the Wi-Fi network. Typically, MAC filtering is not enabled and the printer is accepted. Otherwise, you can disable filtering or enter the printer’s MAC address in the system . Search for it directly on the device and enter it in MAC filtering. This also helps prevent unwanted printer access.
Printer IP address not found
In order for all devices, i.e. your computer, printer, and router, to cooperate, you must have a correct IP address. Normally, the address is provided to you by the setup software installation wizard. If not, you need to manually configure and correct the IP address of your printer. Since the procedure to follow depends on the device, it is best to consult its user manual to proceed correctly.
The printer has access to the network but the print request does not reach it You have successfully installed the printer driver and software, the printer has access to the Wi-Fi network but refuses to print? The problem is probably related to the computer’s firewall. This interferes with communication between the printer and the computer. To find out if it is the cause of the problem, deactivate the firewall for a few moments and start printing.