Like many successful email service providers (Gmail, Hotmail, etc), AT&T is a globally very popular email service provider, as it offers a wide range of safe and feature-packed email service features to its users. Despite offering remarkable features, AT&T email services are susceptible to technical glitches and errors, as its users face errors like ATT email not working. While encountering such errors, users are unable to send or receive urgent emails but this error can be fixed. In this article, we will be providing you with effective fixes to resolve this issue.
Major reasons behind the ATT email not working and their solutions
The users of ATT email faces various kind of errors. The major reasons behind these errors along with their troubleshooting steps are below-listed: –
- Not Able to Sign In to your ATT Email Account
Solution- The most common ATT email not working isrelated to ATT login issues. If you are facing login issues, then you should follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Accurately input your username
- Now, fill in your password
- Next, you should tap ‘Sign In’
After performing these steps, you should make sure that you are inputting the correct details. Now, you should ensure that you are having good internet connection. These steps will help you in login correctly.
- AT&T Email Account Not Working properly with Outlook
Solution- In such a situation, when you are facing problems with the AT&T email, you should check whether you have typed in the right outgoing and incoming mail server settings. In case, if your AT&T email account is not working properly with Outlook, then you should use Outlook in Safe Mode. The other way is to type in the right configuration settings.
The accurate mail server settings for both IMAP and POP3 are: –
- Imap.mail.att.net is the incoming mail server.
- Smtp.mail.att.net is the outgoing mail server.
- Inbound.att.net is the incoming mail server.
- Outbound.att.net is the outgoing mail server.
If any type of antivirus is installed in your system then it can disturb your email account. In such circumstances, you should first try to disable it temporarily and then check whether you are facing this issue or not.
- Any type of Email Program or Application problems
Solution- In case, if you haven’t upgraded your email security through an email program or app, then you might face problems like ATT email not working. Do follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Firstly, you should check whether you have an uninterrupted connection so that you can get regular updates
- Now, you should see that the outbox folder does not have any mail
- In case, if you are encountering error codes while working with the email service, then fix them immediately.
- Do make sure that the AT&T server is not down in your place.
- Finally, you should configure the right ATT email settings.
- AT&T Email is not functioning properly on your iPhone
Solution- On your iPhone, you can easily access the AT&T email services wherever you are. Sometimes, users face the error and so they are advised to follow the below-mentioned steps: –
- Firstly, users should check whether their iPhone is connected to a good network
- Now, they should remove the AT&T account and re-add it. For doing this, they should follow the below-listed instructions: –
- First of all, users should navigate to the section of ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Mail Contact and Calendar.’
- Now, they should click ‘Add Account’ and then click ‘Others.’
- After clicking on ‘Add mail account’, they should input the required information.
- Next, they should choose ‘IMAP’ and then input the required details for the incoming mail server.
- Thereafter, for the outgoing mail server, you should select ‘SMTP’ and then input the required information.
- Finally, you should save all the changes and start your iPhone again.
- Your AT&T Password is not working
Solution- If your AT&T password is not working then it means that you have either forgotten or somebody has hacked your account. It results in the ATT email not working. Now, you are supposed to reset your ATT email password with the below-mentioned steps: –
- You should first navigate to the AT&T login page
- Now, you should tap the link ‘Forgot Password.’
- Thereafter, you should input your user ID, and last name, and then fill the CAPTCHA.
- Next, you should tap ‘Continue’
- Now, you should choose the ‘Security Question’ and then answer it. You can also choose ‘Temporary Password’ and get its code on your mobile number or mail address.
- Finally, you should follow the on-screen points to finish the password recovery process.
- Unable to send or receive Emails
Solution- There are many people who are unable to send emails from their AT&T accounts. If you are facing this problem then make sure that you are not committing the below-mentioned mistakes: –
- You should first ensure that you are not exceeding the maximum size limit of email attachments.
- You should ensure that you are not typing the wrong email address of your recipient.
- Lastly, you should ensure that you have not mistakenly blocked the recipient.
If you are unable to receive emails then you should follow the below-mentioned points: –
- You should first try to log in to your account from any other web browser
- If you have created any filters for your account then you should delete all those filters.
- Now, you should request your sender to send you the email again.
- Lastly, you should delete all the cookies and cache on the browser, now sign in again, and you also be given the choice to reset the browser.
We have sincerely provided you with all the probable reasons for the ATT email not working issue along with its fixes. Do implement it step-wise and it will surely deliver good results. If the errors still persist then you can contact our technical support team for help and assistance.