In the vast technical world of email service providers, AOL has made its indomitable mark, as it has been offering email services with powerful functionalities. Like any successful and prominent email service provider (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.), AOL is also susceptible to errors and issues and its users often face the technical glitches of AOL email mail not working problem.
We will now discuss its causes and fixes that can be implemented on your Android, iPhone, and iPad devices.
Major Reasons for AOL Email Not Working
This issue can arise due to many factors and it’s important to understand the various causes that can have a negative impact on the functioning of your AOL Email Account.
Some of the probable causes are below-listed: –
- Poor Internet Connectivity- The slow or unstable internet connection is an important reason for users being unable to use their AOL email account.
- Forgotten or lost AOL password- If you have forgotten your AOL password then you might experience a problem signing in to your AOL account. Now, you should reset your password to fix this problem.
- Server Downtime- AOL Server Outage or Downtime can be a significant cause for AOL email not working.
- Issues related to browser- The incompatible browser can lead to AOL technical email problems.
- Issues related to third-party email client settings- The faulty server configuration can also be a major cause of AOL email not working on MS Outlook, Gmail, and similar third-party email clients.
General Troubleshooting Tips to Diagnose AOL Email Not Working issue
If users are not able to use AOL email on their iPhone, Android, or web browser then they should check for a couple of things before beginning the troubleshooting processes. Sometime, you don’t need to implement various procedures if there is an issue with the below-listed things.
- You should make sure that your device is properly linked to the network
- You should exit your browser and then start it again
- You should clear all the browser cookies and cache.
- You should turn on the browser’s location services.
- You should start your smartphone again
- You should uninstall your browser and install it again
- You should update your device’s operating system version.
Troubleshooting AOL Email Not Working Issue on Android, iPhone, iPad, And Mac
There are a few detailed troubleshooting techniques that should be followed properly for different devices.
- Resolving AOL Email mail not working on Android Devices
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve this issue on your Android devices.
- To begin with, you should first open AOL mail on your Android devices
- Now, you should accurately input your login credentials
- Next, you should open the Outgoing and Incoming mail server settings
- Thereafter, you should choose the option of ‘Manual Setup’.
- Finally, you should tap the ‘IMAP account settings’ option and input the following information.
- aol.com is the ‘AOL Mail IMAP server address
- Now, you should input your entire AOL email address in the field of ‘AOL Mail IMAP Username’.
- Next, you should input your AOL mail password in the field of ‘AOL Mail IMAP password’.
- 993 is the ‘AOL Mail IMAP port.’
- You should choose Yes for ‘AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required.
Now, you should tap Next and then go to SMTP preferences.
You should enter the following information: –
- aol.com is the ‘SMTP Outgoing server address.
- Now, you should input your entire AOL email id in the field of ‘SMTP Username’.
- Next, you should input your AOL mail password in the field of ‘SMTP password’.
- 465 is the ‘SMTP port’.
- The ‘SMTP Security’ is ‘TLS/SSL’.
You should save this setting and then exit the application.
- Troubleshooting AOL Email Not Working on iPad
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve this issue on your iPad devices.
- You should first navigate to iPad ‘Settings,’ and then move over to the option of Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Now, you should precisely choose your AOL Email Account and check whether you have typed the correct email address or not.
- Next, you should check if you can locate imap.aol.com in the field of ‘Host Name.’ if you cannot find it, then you should input it again.
- Thereafter, you should tap the SMTP option and make sure that smtp.aol.com is the main server. Also, check whether the server switch is turned on or not.
- Finally, you should navigate to the home screen and check whether can properly use the AOL email account or not.
- To conclude, by following these steps, you will be able to fix the issue of AOL email not working on your iPad device.
- Troubleshooting AOL Email Not Working on iPhone
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve this issue on your iPhone devices.
- You should first launch the AOL control panel. For launching it, you should swipe up the screen of your device, and then, toggle the airplane icon to switch it on.
- Now, you should switch off the airplane mode and check if you can receive emails or not
- If not, then you should navigate to the Settings and go to the General option.
- Now, you should choose the option of Reset and then go to Reset Network Settings
- Thereafter, you should re-launch your AOL mail and see if you are receiving your emails.
- If you still observe AOL email not working on your iPhone device, then you should delete the AOL email account from your device. Now, add it again. For it, you should navigate to Settings and then to Passwords and Accounts.
- You should now accurately choose the AOL account from the list of accounts and then tap Delete Account
- Next, you should navigate back to Settings followed by Passwords and Accounts
- You should now choose Add Account
- Finally, you should sign in to your AOL email account and check whether you are receiving emails on your iPhone device or not.
- Troubleshooting AOL Email Not Working on Mac Devices
You should follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve this issue by running the Connection Doctor on your Mac devices.
- You should first tap the Mail icon via the ‘Applications’ menu.
- Now, you should choose the Windows option
- From the menu, you should choose Connection Doctor
- If you observe a warning in red colour then it means that you aren’t linked to the internet.
- Next, you should navigate to the Accounts menu if you aren’t receiving the emails.
- Now, you should go over to the Advanced tab and then untick the box near the menu of Use SSL
- Thereafter, you should check your user account information and mail server settings. You should modify them if required.
- Now, you should tap the Inbox section and then locate it under the option of ‘Setup AOL account.’ It will automatically refresh the mailbox
- Finally, you should start your Mac device again and check if the AOL mail problem is resolved or not.
- To conclude, after implementing these steps, if the issue remains unresolved then you should uninstall and reinstall the AOL mail app.
We have discussed and detailed each and every reason, cause, and fix related to AOL email mail not working for different devices. If you still encounter any problems then feel free to contact our technical support team.