Hp has developed several useful apps to assists its users with printer Setup and Installation. With hp easy start and hp smart, you can easily configure and install your 123.hp.com/ojpro 6978 printer. For the latest hp 6978 printer software and drivers download you can always head to the hp website.
123.hp.com/ojpro 6978 – Primary setup
Remove any packing material and sticking tape that your printer came in.
Apart from the printer, there will be, power chord, USB cable, ink cartridges instruction manuals, and installation CD. Check that nothing is missing.
Connect the printer to the power supply, wait for it to align all its components, and then open the ink cartridges compartment.
Remove the packing of the ink cartridges, and properly insert them in the corresponding slots. Check the instructions manual in case you have any trouble.
Open the paper input slot, adjust the width by sliding the paper width guide, and then load a stack of paper.
Use the USB cable to install your hp 123 Officejet Pro 6978 printer
- Open a browser and enter 123.hp.com/setup.
- This link will take you to the hp download page, click on the download button to download hp easy start file.
- Double click on the file to extract and install the hp easy start software on your computer.
- Now connect the USB cable to your computer and the printer. Launch the hp easy start, the software will detect the printer and show it on the screen.
- Click on the continue button. The hp easy start will search for the latest software and drivers available for your printer.
- When it finds the recommended software, click on the continue button to start the download.
- When the download is complete the installer extracts the files and launch the installation.
- When the installation is complete, your printer will be ready, and the hp printer assistant app will launch to further assist you with printing.
- If your printer is not detected by the software go to the hp website and download and install the software and drivers for your hp printer’s model.
Setup hp Officejet pro 6978 wireless connection using Hp smart app
- Go to 123.hp.com and download the hp smart app. When the download is complete install the app and launch it.
- Switch on your printer. By default, the hp printer remains in Wireless setup mode for two hours after it was powered On for the first time.
- But to manually connect the printer to the network, in case your printer does not support automatic wireless setup mode, go to the hp Officejet 6978 control panel’s display and select the wireless setup wizard.
- The printer will search for the network and display it on the screen. Click on the name of your network.
- When your printer is connected to your network, click on the plus sign button on Hp smart app screen to add the printer.
- The app will detect the printer on your network and the display is on screen.
- If your printer is not displayed, click on setup a new printer.
- Now click on your printer’s model, and then click on the continue button.
- A message will pop up asking permission to automatically access your wifi information. Click on the continue button to confirm.
- Hp smart app will gather the network information and then complete the connection process.
Setup the Hp Officejet Pro 6978 printer on an android device
- Enable the network setup mode through the printer’s control panel as mentioned above.
- Open Google Play Store now, and install the hp smart app on your android phone.
- Open the hp smart app and click on the continue button.
- On the next screen click on the add printer button and then choose, Setup a new printer.
- Click on your Printer’s name, and if asked to enter your network name and password.
- Hp smart app will find the printer, when it will have all the information about the network, it will connect the printer and finish the installation.
- Close the app and open the Google Play Store again.
- Search the Hp print service plugin and install it.
- Go to your phone’s settings, find the hp print service plugin, and enable it.
Setup the Hp Officejet Pro 6978 printer on an iOS device
- Download and install the hp smart app on your iPhone and open it.
- Enable the wireless connection mode on your 123.hp.com/ojpro 6978 printer.
- Click on the option for setting up the printer on hp smart app and click on the continue button.
- Now tap on the yes button to permit to bring the printer to the same network as your iPhone is.
- Select your home network and enter the password. Now tap on Next to connect to the network.
- The app will find the printer, connect it to the wireless network, and will display setup complete message.