One could easily set up their new hp DeskJet 2623 printer, the only requirement is to follow one step after another. First hardware setup, then software installation, and then the printer’s connection to the computer. You can easily download the software and drivers from the 123.hp.com/2623 page, if you don’t have the installation media and to complete the remaining steps, Just follow this simple guide.
Step 1: Gather the components and prepare the hardware
- For your new hp DeskJet 2623 printer, you should make sure to remove all the packing tape first.
- Note that the inside of the printer also has adhesive tape and more packaging material that can be easily overlooked. This could jam the paper when printing, so pay attention to this and check the inner compartment too.
- Check to ensure that you have all the components which include cables and manuals that are listed in the box. These are needed for the Setup so check that you do not lack anything.
- To begin, carefully take the printer out of the box and once everything is removed, place your printer in a horizontal position.
- Gently lower the output tray, reach into the printer, then grasp the handle and lower the ink cartridge access door to open it.
- Remove any packaging material you find here too and then close the access door to the ink cartridges.
Step 2: Connect HP Deskjet 2623 to the power supply
- Locate the printer’s power cord between the components that you took out of the box. You will easily recognize it because one end has a standard electrical plug that goes into the power socket.
- Now Go to the back of your printer and connect the power cable. The port is shaped like a number “eight” matching the end of the power chord.
- Now Connect the power chord to a power source and press the ” ON ” button to switch on the printer.
Step 3. HP Ink Cartridges for HP Deskjet 2623 Printer
Your 123.hp.com/dj2623 printer uses two HP 65 ink cartridges. One black ink cartridge for normal black and white printing and one tri-color cartridge for colored printing.
- The HP ink cartridges will be included in the box with your printer, find them, and remove their packaging. Be careful to only touch the plastic part on the ink cartridge
- Lower the ink cartridge compartment door. You will see that the rail with the cartridge holder will move to the center.
- You should wait until any moving part of the printer comes to completely still.
- Once the printer is inactive and silent you can continue. Remove the plastic tape on the ink cartridges to expose the contact head.
- Hold the cartridge by the sides, with the nozzles facing the printer, and then insert it into the corresponding slot.
- Now slowly slide the new ink cartridge at a slight upward angle into the empty slot, and then gently push it down until it clicks into place. You will hear a snap sound.
Step 4. Load paper into HP Deskjet 2652 Printer’s paper tray
- Raise the paper input tray and remove any traces of packaging that may have remained.
- Slowly slide the paper width guides as far to the left as possible and gently push the stack of paper into the tray till it stops moving any further.
- Now you may adjust the paper width guide to the right until it contacts the edge of the paper to correctly fit the width of the paper.
- Lower the output tray and unfold the output tray extender.
Step 5. HP DeskJet 2623 Driver and Software Installation
Please do not try to connect the printer to your computer yet, you must wait until the printer software installation is complete and the software window prompts you to choose the connection type. That is why you do not need to connect even the USB cable yet.
- Bring out the hp 2623 installation software CD included in the box.
- Insert the installation disc in the disk drive. Either the Installer will start automatically or you can go to My Computer, locate the DVD drive, open it and run then run the installation program.
- If case you don’t have the installation software or you have lost it, or you just don’t have an optical drive on your computer, open the following link 123.hp.com/dj2623 in a browser on your computer.
- Download the hp 2623 printer software and then install it on your computer.
Step 6. Connect your 123.hp.com/dj2623 to your computer
- For USB connection, when you are prompted to select the connection type on the hp printer software screen, select the USB option and continue the setup.
- Insert the USB cable in the ports specific for USB on both your computer and printer.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the setup.
First, enable the wireless connection feature on the printer. Press and hold the button for wireless connection until you see a light starts flashing.
- From the connection type screen, on the hp printer software window choose wireless connection, and then if you see the hp auto wireless connection option, click on it.
- Just do as the on-screen instructions tell you to. Information regarding your network will be exchanged between your computer and the printer.
- If you don’t have the hp auto wireless connection option, you can opt for the wireless connection using a USB connection.
- Connect the USB cable and then follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
- Once the setup is complete remove the USB cable and print something to test the connection is working or not.